Friday, February 27, 2009

Cry, Baby, Cry

So for the past month we have been noticing that Grady needed a haircut, but never really took the time to give him one. Until now. I just wanted to trim his hair and leave it a little long. Well lets just say that no matter what I did Grady would not sit still. So I gave up out of frustration.

In comes Chad and he sets Grady on the bathroom floor to trim around his ears. Off to the shower and then a nice blowdry to see the damage.

Well it seems as though Lloyd Christmas came to visit us through his terrible haircut. It was pretty bad. So chad brought out the clippers and told me that if he put the number five cover on that it wouldn't cut his hair short. Being the sweet trusting wife that I am said okay. As he starts cutting away, Grady is just giggling and I . . . I am . . . sobbing. Yes I know its just a haircut, but I loved Grady's hair. He looked so darn cute. So as I am standing there trying to cry silently in hopes that Chad won't notice, he looks up and starts laughing.

He had every right to laugh at me. I was a blubbering fool! Chad kept saying that he wasn't laughing at me but I know that about 50% of that laughter was toward his silly pregnant hormonal wife.

I was just sad to see my baby love lose all of his hair. I am having a hard time grasping the fact that he is not my baby anymore and that he is a little boy.

Well thanks to a well meaning daddy(who is no longer allowed to have clippers around my children), I got a handsome little boy yesterday.

Before:


After:

7 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Oh I like his hair is so cute!!! But it does make him look older! It is sad to see our babys get older. I have been have some of those pregnancy tears latly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm not sure I was even ready for that! He does look handsome tho and so grown up now and guess what? It really does grow back!!!

Go Farr Family said...

What a cutie he looks with any kind of hair cut. I can't believe how much older he looks with it. At least he didn't cut his own hair right?

Hannah said...

he looks so cute!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Nice hair cut Grady! He looks very handsome.

McElprangs said...

he's getting so big! what a little stud.

Veleda said...

Good Job Chad! He looks adorable but then he did before you cut it.

Grandma Great!