Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome to the County Fair!

For Grady's birthday party this year we decided to go with a County Fair theme. We had been talking about going to the State Fair but every time we tried something came up so we settled for making our own.


I made this really cute sign for the entrance. I saw one like it at Hobby Lobby that said Carnival for $20. Did not want to pay that much plus I didn't want it to say Carnival.




We served Hot Dogs, Homemade French Fries, Homemade Root Beer, Popcorn, and Funnel cakes for dessert. It was quite the hit. Plus they are most of Grady's favorite foods.




I went to the dollar store to get some candy and prizes and came across some cute gumball machines. I used them on the tables with the table runners I made out of some fun fabric from JoAnns. I also put all the candy in Kerr jars to give it that homey kind of feel.






I decided to put together about 5 games for the kids to enjoy and they all turned out really fun. Thanks to my mother in law Stacey for her two cute games. She bought goldfish for all of the kids to take home.





I made these fabulous signs for each of the games. I took PVC Pipe and wrapped it with colred phase tape. Then my dear friend Lindy made me some vinyl for the sign. I love them.




My sweet husband Chad was talked into by his dear loving wife to make these beautiful lights to hang around like at the fair. This really pulled off the whole thing.




I didn't do a treat bag but gave each of the kids a bag with tickets for the games and each game they could pick out prizes. I would say that was their favorite part.

For Grady's cake I made a box of popcorn which turned out better than I expected. I used Marshmallow fondant and let me tell you that stuff is AWESOME!! It also works as a great edible playdough. Grady tested it out for me. For the popcorn I used Marshmallows sprayed with Yellow frosting mist.




It was a wonderful party and we had loads of fun. Thanks to everyone that came and helped!

5 comments:

McElprangs said...

It was such a super cute party! I wish we could've stayed longer. I can't believe you made the signs and Chad made those lights. Everything looked amazing! Thanks for inviting us. It was great!

Go Farr Family said...

What a creative and delightful evening and a boy who found such fun in every aspect of the celebration of his life

debsfreckles said...

The party was great, I wish we could have stayed longer. The kids loved it. I also love your family pics. They turned out great. We really need to get together some time.

The Graham Crackers said...

Wow Amilee! I am so impressed. I wish I was that creative, unfortunately I skipped out on that gene. oh well. Happy Birthday to Grady! We really need to get him and Wyatt together again, they get along great I think. All we need is a hose! haha! Glad you guys are doing so well:)

Karlee said...

How cute! You are so crafty! I love the cake, too cute! I'm sad we couldn't make it :( We definitely missed out!