Me being the smartest wife ever (I wish) thought why don't we go get a jogging stroller instead? ( the way we go to the creek is hiking up the old flume road which goes from the APS power plant to the dam) You should have seen the smile on Chad's face when I told him. It was like the little boy on A Christmas Story when he gets his gun. So we finished getting ready and headed out to get a jogging stroller and few other items. Well three stores later, we finally decided on one and left town. I looked at the clock and realized we are only about and hour ahead of the other group.
Well we made it there and put the stroller together, put grady in some jammies, locked up the car, and loaded all the heavy items on the stroller. I forgot one small detail about the stroller idea . . . you can't trespass on APS property where the start of the road is. So we were left to cross the stream and hike the half mile up the mountian to the road. we got the creek and the 2x6 that is normally there was washed away so Chad took off his shoes, rolled up his pants and carried the packs and stroller adross the stream. We took grady out of the stroller and carried him across because I thought it would be safer. Now the hard part. The trail up to the road is about ten inches wide but has several parts that are overgrown with cactus and shrubs. We carried that heavy stroller up the zig zag trail, the rest of the 3 1/2 miles up and down and our calves have never felt such soreness! Needless to say that Grady slept the whole bumpy way in. We were so happy!
We had so much fun on this trip and loved doing it as a family. Chad can't wait to take Grady again. On the way back people kept staring at us like we were crazy! Maybe we are but isn't that what makes life fun?

Here is Grady playing in the tent.

I still can't believe he let me put that light on his head. He hates wearing hats.

Jason and Chad at the rope swing

Grady sleeping on the rocks

Grady in the backpack to get down the swimming hole
3 comments:
What a fun trip! Grady looks so cute with the light on his head. He is so cute! We need to do some thing soon!!!
What great memories your little family is making - Keep it up!
I guess we missed the trip to fossil springs! It looks like it was so much fun-- we'll definately have to go another time. I know I always thought Grady was so big, but Savannah is already over 16 pounds and she's only 3 months old! Oh well, I guess them growing up is what gets you excited to have more!
Kirstin
Post a Comment