So as most of you know Grady has had eczema for a while now and we have had a hard time figuring out how to stop the flare ups. Well I got frustrated at my pediatrician because all he wanted was for me to put steriod cream on it and take milk out of my diet. Oh and he didn't want a follow up visit to see if his diagnosis would work. After stressing for a few days and feeling like a terrible mother when people would ask what is wrong with him? So during my bous of insomnia I checked out the internet to see what I could find on eczema. Boy was I surprised at how much I found. My sister also showed me this blog (www.enlightenedhomemaker.blogspot.com) and she had a lot of info regarding all sorts of issues.
I am not a fan of the overuse of antibiotics, I will use them when necessary but have found that natural remedies actually work better although they may take longer. After my research, call me anytime you need to know about this stuff I feel like an expert at this point :), I found a reference to a Naturopathic doctor on the blog I mentioned. I decided to try it out. It is close to our home (Higley and Southern) so I figured it was a good idea.
Needless to say I love going there. They don't have any nurses, it is extremely clea and quiet, no sick kids running around touching your healthy baby, and the doctor came out to get me. Dr. Carrie Rittling is the pediatric doctor there and she is AMAZING!! I felt like I was a normal person and that my concerns were okay. She talked to me not down to me. She was so full of info and was asked so many thorough questions, several of which I had not thought of to ask myself. Dr. Rittling suggested a few things to start with and wanted me to come back to see how Grady was doing. thanks to her info and great care Grady's flare ups dissappeared and he was his normal happy self. Recently he has had another flare up which we think is due to his new teeth.
Anyway, I have been wanting to write this post for so long but haven't had the chance to sit down long enough. The place is called East Valley Naturopathic Doctors. And they are fabulous. Grady's doctor even asks if Chad or I need anything and if we are doing well. They have more than pediatricians so check them out at www.eastvalleynd.com.
Sorry for my long brag but its a rare occasion when you enjoy going to the doctor!
4 comments:
I am glad you found something that works for Grady. Back to nature is the way to go--in just about everything. If only more people would realize it they would feel much better.
What did the dr. tell you to do for the eczama? Brynn has it pretty bad and her pediatrican just gave her the steroid cream (which doesn't even help).
That is awesome that you found a good doctor! I hate looking for a new doctor! I'm totally with you on the antibiotics thing! I'm glad Grady's doing better :)
I am so glad you found something for that precious little guy. I too believe anything that we can do that is natural is the best way to go. Good to have a Dr. that shows genuine concern. Glad you shared the clinic name also.
Post a Comment