Friday, September 19, 2008

Grady the Goof

So I haven't done an update on Grady in a while so here goes. He is into everything and I mean it. He loves to open the cupboards and climb inside them. He thinks this is very funny. Grady has also become a major flirt. He loves to look up at people (especially girls) and give them this funny smile face he does. He smiles really big, scrunches up his nose, squints his eye, and lets out this cute little laugh. Its the best face I have ever seen. He still won't stand up on his own. . . not because he can't do it but because he thinks its a fun game we play and just leans forward.

Grady has also figured out how to be dramatic. If I set him down when he doesn't want to be put down or I accidentally nudge his hands with the vacuum because he somehow appears right under my feet or the chance that he accidentally bumps his head, foot, etc., he will do one of two things: immediately look up to make sure I am looking at him, pouts his little lip, grabs the spot that he bumped, and lets out a very fake and pathetic cry, or throw his arms and face down into the ground, kicks his legs out behind him and once again let out that pitiful cry.

I try to sympathize with him but it is just too funny that I always end up giggling. Does that make me a mean mom? I sure hope not. He really is the funniest boy.

He loves to play with dogs and has no fear of them licking him except when they try to lick his feet. Now I on the other hand would rather have a dog lick my feet than my face. Grady loves to push things around whether while he is crawling or walking. He is pretty good at manuevering.

Grady has become an excellent stair climber. He can go up and down my sister's flight of stairs like its nothing. This only took two tries which surprised me.

He also loves to put things in his mouth and crawl around. Last weekend we went to Joe city to help Chad's uncle on his house and Grady got to join us on day two. He was perfectly content to crawl around the unfinished house, climbing through walls, eating sawdust (yum), trying to climb the ladders, and being dad's helper. The best part was he found some nails and screws. Well he crawled up to chad and sure enough he had a nice long screw in his mouth, pointy side out, just sucking on it. He was pretty sad when we took it away.

and the big finale . . . . . He said his first word. Mom? Dad? Baba? nope. He will say mama but its either when he is sad or he wants someones attention. what is the word then?

Uh oh.

He loves to say it. He figured out that you say it when you drop something. Its pretty funny. He puts a lot of emphasis on the Uh part. I will video him later doing it.

So that is it for and update. I am posting some pictures under this of our little goof so enjoy!



8 comments:

Go Farr Family said...

What a precious little "goof". Grandpa and I enjoy his times that he comes to play at our house and Noel definately loves it. My favorite picture is the one showing his darling little teeth.

Anonymous said...

Love that baby boy Grady...Aren't we blessed to have him? Grandma S.

Logan & Lindy said...

He is so big!!! I love those teeth!! Brooklyn would have so much fun playing with him!!! Did you get my message about Monday?? Let us know! We want to have you guys over!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love the pictures and update. He is so funny!!! What a charactor!

Logan & Lindy said...

Seriously he is so dang cute! Thanks for coming over the other night. We loved seeing you guys!

Karlee said...

It was good seeing you guys the other night! I can't believe how big Grady's getting!!

Jen & Blake said...

He is such a cutie! And all boy, you have your hands full. I can't believe he is this big already and has such a fun personality:)

debsfreckles said...

Man your little guy is a cuttie. Thanks for letting me look at your blog:)