Friday, January 16, 2009

Holidays, Pics, etc. (this is long)

So since I haven't posted in a few weeks I thought that I would take some time to update on our family and what we have been doing.

December 17 - Temple day, I was able to take out my endowments and it was a wonderful day.


December 19 - Sealing day, Chad and I were sealed this day along with Grady. It couldn't have been a more beautiful sight or ceremony!


December 20 - Smithson and Farr Christmas parties. We stopped by Aunt Carolyns for some gifts, Jeff's birthday present, and to visit with Grandma Nelda. Chad wrote a beautiful story that happened to his Grandpa Gus when he was a child. On to the Smithson festivities. We made it just in time to see Santa which Grady was not happy with. I guess Santa is pretty intimidating with that voluptuous body and excessive white facial hair. Then the Cousin gift exchange which each one had to wait their turn to open presents and had to keep their hands on their head. Miss Ashley was the only one who waited patiently with her hands on her head the whole time! Then the kids were sent off to watch a movie while the adults had their White Elephant exchange. Kids are not allowed as the presents can get a little racy but that is what makes it fun right? Seeing persons blush and others fight over certain gifts was great.


December 25 - Christmas! I love Christmas morning. I had to get Chad out of bed but Grady was up and ready for the day. Grady got a blue tunnel and red tent that are just his size and he would only open his stocking sitting in his tent. Then on to the wrapped presents, he opened them really well but once the paper was off he tried to put it back on. Too funny. We had a wonderful Christmas morning and spent the rest of our day with family.


January 1 - New Years Party at Grandma Kathe's. Grady was awake until about two that morning. And he wasn't so sure about the cherry bomb that went off in front of the house. We woke up late that morning and went hiking with the fam. it was a beautiful way to start the new year.




Grady showing off the presents. I am pretty sure all but four were his. He got a lot of needed clothes wrapped in lots of packages because I love to wrap gifts.

3 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Why only 1 picture for all that info!? How is your pregnancy going?

debsfreckles said...

Glad to hear an update from you guys. I would love to get together some time. You have my email, let me know what your schedule is like.

Logan & Lindy said...

Grady is getting so big!!! He is so dang cute!!! I love looking at your baby ticker. I cant believe your almost 30 weeks! CRAZY. I am so exited for you to have your little girl! We havent seen you guys in forever!