Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yay we had our baby! Lyla Scout Farr was born May 6th at 5:00 a.m. She weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Definitely a lot smaller than Grady was when he was born. She is a wonderful calm baby with long fingers and toes.

If you want to know about the birth keep reading if not just scroll down to the pictures.

The official due date was May 5th and on Monday I had my wonderful midwife, Stephanie, strip my membranes to hopefully get labor started. I was getting very antsy and really wanted to hold my baby. I had Chad stay home on Tuesday to help me get some things done around the house because I knew the baby was coming soon.

well we accomplished everything that morning and decided to have one last adventure with Grady before his life turned upside down. We went to Tempe Beach park and had a lot of fun. Came home, did a few more chores, and went walking and walking.

Starting at ten that night, contractions were getting pretty consistent but not too hard. I finished the laundry and climbed into bed to relax for a while. At midnight I calle my midwife and told her that labor was starting and that I would call her again when the contractions were closer together.

At 1:30 Chad had the pool ready and called Stephanie to tell her that now was the time to come. I climbed into the pool and it felt wonderful. Stephanie was there in 15 minutes along with her assistant. As they set up Chad helped through the labor. I was not as relaxed with this labor because I was too excited.

During the breaks in contractions I felt very talkative and was quite the comedian I guess. I was halfway delirious from no sleep and feeling like I needed to entertain. Labor was getting really hard and I was on the verge of giving up when I asked Stephanie to break my water. She did during the next contraction (at 4:35) and what a relief! but little did I know how quickly my daughter wanted to come out. With much screaming, that woke up the dogs and probably neighbors, Lyla Scout was born at 4:48 and I was able to catch her in the water and bring her into my arms. It was amazing. She was little and just wanted to snuggle up to me. I had her wrapped up in towel and tried to unwrap her to look at her toes and every time she would cry until I covered up her feet. It was too funny.

A few minutes later I was cleaned up and tucked into my warm and cozy bed. I nursed Lyla and had no problems with that. Overall, Lyla's birth was the most intimate experience. It was just amazing and Chad actually cried when she was born. It was too sweet.

We are doing really well and Grady just adores his new sister. He has lots of hugs and kisses and smothers for her at all times. He also loves touching her hair and saying cute or trying to give her five and knuckles. Yesterday he tried to share his fruit snacks and was very disappointed that she couldn't have any.

Here are a few pics of our beautiful little girl:



9 comments:

Tisdale Family said...

What a cutie! :) You are amazing! What a great birth story! I want to come see you when you are up for visitors just let me know!

Lyndsay Winters said...

She's adorable. Congrats! Bostyn is constantly trying to give Cannon Five and Knuckles too! Must be their age. Funny.

Crazy Petersens said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Hannah said...

She is too cute and way skinny! Congratulations!!

Larry and Megan said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! Did you have a midwife with Grady? I'm not sure if I could do it like that in a pool, but they way you explained it, it sounds nice. Maybe with one of the million kids my husband wants to have, I will try the midwife and the pool thing. You look great too! Lucky

Stock Family said...

She is adorable! What a wonderful birth story! Congrats!

McElprangs said...

She is such a doll. You guys are the cutest little family!

Marily said...

Congrats! We are glad everything went well. What a beautiful baby.

debsfreckles said...

Wow, it seems like you just posted saying you were pregnant! I guess when you only communicate through blogs that happens:) Which means we need to get together when you are feeling up to it. I would love to meet both your little babies. Call me some time 516-6060 or email me debsfreckles@yahoo.com