this is a little old news but I wanted to post some pics anyway. We decided to go camping the first weekend in April. We loaded everything up after Chad got off work and headed out a little later than expected. We decided that we were going to up towards Young, I had never been to that area but Chad had gone hunting there before. The drive was absolutely beautiful. There were so many wildflowers and the view of Roosevelt Lake was amazing. Anyway, we set up camp next to Workman Creek. Its about twenty miles outside of Young. When we got there it was getting dark fast and a lot colder than I had expected. we made a good warm dinner and sat by the fire. I was holding a very much bundled Grady who had gotten very still. I asked Chad to check on him and he found to be sound asleep. I guess that fires really are mesmerising. I put Grady in his playpen and turned on the heater. Chad even heated up a rock to put in Grady's bed. Chad and I decided it was time for us to set up our bed. Well come to find out the we forgot to buy a new power converter(we checked the one we had and it started to smoke). well we set the mattress up on the floor and slept on it flat. Next thing we know its morning and Grady had slept all night long! we made breakfast, rode the quad, played catch, and went into town. Then we came up with the brilliant idea to blow up the mattress by ourselves that night. well two hours later we had accomplished about as much as we could and called it good enough. The mattress is one of those raised ones so we needed a lot of air. It was like sleeping in a water bed. It wasn't as cold the second night and Grady got too warm so he did not sleep well and neither did I with Chad tossing and turning all night long. We cleaned up camp and headed home that morning. It was a really fun adventure and we forgot to take a lot of pictures so the next time around we will.


2 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! Thanks for inviting us to your blog. We will definately have to go camping sometime semi-soon :). I don't know if you have our blog but it is bkgardner.blogspot. Kirstin
What a happy boy! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. The pictures are just so cute, I can't believe how big Grady is getting:)
Post a Comment